Underwater Photography: C-5000 Zoom pictures

In a previous entry, I mentioned that having my C-5000 Zoom has allowed me to take my photography underwater and promised to post some examples. In the following pictures, including this one of my brother that a few of you may have seen before, I used my camera with it's PT-019 Dive Housing at Portulano Dive resort in Batangas. While the shot wasn't of something underwater, I was in the pool as I took it.

I've taken the camera and casing to depths of up to 100 feet, though wasn't quite able to take any pictures at that depth. I've been able to take decent photos of sea-life at shallower depths, like this moray at round about 30 to 60 feet. However, my subjects rarely, if ever, stay still long enough for good photo composition. Then again, if it's our firs time to dive a spot, I rarely get enough time to scout around for a good shot.

The following photo was taken at the Kayangan Lake on Coron Isalnd, Palawan. The two long chinned fish you see on the photo preferred swimming just under the surface. I think those are chins anyway. Other aquatic life in the lake consisted of 2 other types of small fish, and shrimp.



This is a shot of what I believe to be a lionfish hiding under a coral covered length of rope at one of the wrecks we were able to dive in Palawan. It was only my second wreck-dive and I regret not having had more lights. It's extremely difficult to shoot the dark inside of a ship under deep water. Was it fun? Heck yeah!

Well. there you have them. More to come as I dive again. Bohol, here we come.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Discussing the Term: Maniniyot

Review: A7 Sports Action Cam via Lazada.com.ph

Camera (Equipment) Hunting: Kako Auto 300S Series Cut-Off System flash.