Film Photography Post: Ortigas CBD Skyline

Like I previously posted, I've been re-exploring film. It takes me awhile to go through a roll though.

Just wanted to post this one here. I haven't been able to post it on my lomohome as of this moment, but I've used it as my cover photo on Facebook.

Ortigas Skyline. Solid Gold ISO 200 Film, Lomo LC-A+

For this shot, I used two strips of electric tape to cover half of the lens for the first exposure, move to the other half and flipped the camera for the 2nd exposure.


One of the challenges of contemporary film photography is sourcing film. Aside from relying on some old stock I'd managed to keep over the years (which is dangerously running low), and getting a few rolls from work or friends, I've had to rely on expired film rolls that people have been selling online. We were lucky enough to see an ad on OLX.Ph from a person who used to own several Kodak stores up north who was selling off their old stock. So the folks at work decided to purchase en masse.

current film stock

Some enterprising folk had the same idea and purchased their own stock, only to resell them (tsk tsk tsk). Personally, I have nothing against free enterprise, but really, if you're not gonna use it, don't buy it eh?


If you don't mind hunting online, the 2nd hand market may have what you need. Otherwise, be a little more adventurous and go check out the stores in Hidalgo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Discussing the Term: Maniniyot

Review: A7 Sports Action Cam via Lazada.com.ph

Camera (Equipment) Hunting: Kako Auto 300S Series Cut-Off System flash.