Personal Update, and some Travel Photography: Kuala Lumpur

First off, I'd like to apologize to those who actually read my blog and visit it from time to time to check on where I've gotten to on two wheels. A lot has happened since my last Motorcycle Photo Diary entry that has led to me making the most of my off-days but not necessarily on the Honda Wave. Sorry for that.

Trying out a new layout courtesy of blogger's new Design tab. If anyone reads this, leave a comment in the comment section (on the actual blog preferably and in the facebook cross-post). Picture window, the theme is called. I'll think about how long I'm going to keep it that way.

For those of you who don't already know, I've spent the last two weeks of July in KL, on a semi-vacation, slash (yes I typed it out as a word) experiencing the TPC-KL lifestyle, meeting new friends, eating new food (photos in a blog entry to follow), going places and getting lost commuting around the city.
   Spent the first day off doing a half day city tour. Photos available as an album on my FB here, but for those who don't have access to that, they can check out the photos via my photobin (see previous entry) album. The arrangement's pretty funky, considering I rearranged it, but it'll give you cooliris-like usability. Click album, or here. Here are some of the highlights of the trip...

Went to the King's palace

no flag flying on the flagpole means the King's out

 Visited the national monument to the country's war heroes



those are some funky fountains.

And to... I forget what this place was. But the night before it played host to a World Cup finals public viewing.



  Menara Kuala Lumpur

I found these to be cool...

... your own personal tour-guide, in several different languages. Coolness. They guide you around the tower when viewing different parts of the city through different numbered windows.

The commercial district... I think.

My first view of the KL Petronas twin towers.

Got this on my way out.

Passed by the zoo at the bottom of the tower on my way to Petronas...

One of the many self-portrait shots that I took with the help with a remote control I bought off ebay ($4) and my little friend...

Say hello to my little friend, holding up my other little friend and his light-throwing buddy.
The packaging says it can take 3kg, but I'm sure the E410, lens et al weighs less than that. While it looks like the Joby SLR-Zoom gorillapod, and it's supposedly rated with the same weight-bearing capability, I got this one from CDR King. The Joby SLR-Zoom would cost you 49.95 Euros, but this one only cost me 280 Php.

On a not so totally unrelated note, the monopod with suction-cup that bought in my trip to Pampanga broke. I think I pulled too hard on it while it was attached to the windshield of my car. My bad. This one more than makes up for that though. 

So there you have it folks. A little bit of traveling photography and a little bit of useful tripod tech put in. I'll be making a few more entries in the following days. :) Spread it all out I guess. For now though I shall sleep. :)

Good night world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Discussing the Term: Maniniyot

Review: A7 Sports Action Cam via Lazada.com.ph

Camera (Equipment) Hunting: Kako Auto 300S Series Cut-Off System flash.