I don't have a detailed step-by-step because I was mostly winging it. Just cutting to test. Photos from my phone next.
seen as mounted on a tripod
it's basically 2 T joints, a couple of lengths of pipe, and an elbow. The first T joint has a hole drilled / melted through the top to be able to thread a screw in. Size unknown but it fits in the tripod socket.
Length of the pipe depends on distance to the flash underneath I think. Specially since there are several recommended lengths at which to bend the flash bracket depending on your camera.
2nd T joint attaches to the back of the flash with a rubber band / bungee.
While I initially used to use a PT-04 trigger, I find that this set-up takes out the possibility of running out of batteries out of the equation. Finally have a use for a not really TTL cord.
The pipes I used were actually part of my PVC light tent. Since I don't really use that anymore and it was just lying around gathering dust, well, here it is now.
Over all it gives me a bit more rigidity to the whole set-up. It's a bit thin, as a grip I think, so I might fatten it up with neoprene if I can find a source, or something to recycle it from. I haven't really been able to use it in the field, aside from taking shots of my officemates. I intended to use it at a foam party, but since that was going to be in a dark place, and since the E410 isn't equipped with a focusing beam, I decided not to use it. Next time perhaps.