May Month Update: Jace's photography outside of work

Good morning all. While waiting for the ringflash I ordered from DIY photography to arrive, might as well write about more of the things this blog was meant for, i.e. my experience of life with photography.

First, I was asked by one of my closest friends to cover the recital of a couple of summer workshops she and her friends from Make Believe have been holding, one at the Fully Booked in Bonifacio High Street, and the others (as they are 3 workshops presented in one venue) at Maria Montessori in Merville park. While I believe I'm a professional photographer, I really feel like I have a ways to go when it comes to covering events. I know I could've done better, light-wise, in both instances, certain situational constraints (available light sources - both mine and at venue, technical difficulties etc.) couldn't be helped. All in all though I think I did pretty good. I'd post some photos on the blog but I don't have model releases of the kids.

Straying back to the ring light a bit, I'm excited! The Sunday after I made my purchase, I got an email from the DIYP saying that the item's been shipped! That was 9 days ago. I hope to have it soon!!! I think it will excite me enough to keep toting the e410 and FL-36 around all the time! Though I ought to buy a TTL cable soon... I wonder if a canon cable would work.

Yesterday morning I read a burger challenge entitled Battle Burger on juice.ph this morning which drove me to take the wave and ride to SM North Annex to try one of those juicy burgers out (ok I had less self-serving - and fattening -  motives, of course, but let's just say the burger was one of my goals for the day). Panelists for this best burger in the burg reviewed 27 different burgers from everywhere in the greater manila area (though for their Army Navy burger they opted to go all the way to Tagaytay). Number 17 on the list was Bigger Better Burger's Shitake Teriyaki half-pounder, and since I was in the area, and was craving, I bought myself one for 152 pesos. I opted not to clutter my palette with anything else so no fries or iced-tea for me.


I hadn't really planned on taking many photos on this trip out so I didn't bring a camera... or rather I brought one, but it turns out that the battery on the C5000Z is getting too old to hold charge for too long. I opted to use my Samsung Galaxy 5 and the Retrocam application. Decent enough pics I think.


The bun was pandesal, the burger was juicy, the sauce was sweet and the shitake was succulent. Worth every peso. Promise. My curiosity's piqued by some of the other burgers though, so I might make the trip to some of those other establishments, though I'm almost sure to avoid the priciest ones.

That's it for now. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Discussing the Term: Maniniyot

Review: A7 Sports Action Cam via Lazada.com.ph

Camera (Equipment) Hunting: Kako Auto 300S Series Cut-Off System flash.