Bar Photography: Dong Abay at Votre

My cousin and I met up last night. Checked out Votre, this bar at the corner of Sergeant Esguerra and Eugenio Lopez. They were featuring Dong Abay last night. Was able to catch him and Coffeebreak Island, the band that opened and backed him, perform several new songs as well as some Yano classics. He sang "Perpekto", "Senti", "Banal na Aso, Santong Kabayo" and "Kamusta Na".





 

 

I gotta say I'm not a big fan, or at least I never took the time or made the effort to follow him or his bands, but there's just something about a live performance that really gets you, viscerally.

Was armed with my e410, and 28mm manual OM lens. Due to the spectacular lighting at the venue, I opted to go up to ASA 1600, making my shots grainy. Eventually I opted for pop-up flash use since I didn't bother to bring my hot shoe flash, but then better for you to be able to see what I heard yeah?

Comments

Leah said…
Hey, Jace!! Just read your email last night about dotcomming! Sorry, sobrang tagal na pala nun. My web connection sucks so i wasn't able to reply to your email, but I shall reply and tell you about my dotcomming adventures later! LOL.
Leah said…
Weh nagpost pala ako dati when I switched to a custom domain. http://www.whiteskyproject.com/2010/09/publishing-on-custom-domain.html. :P

Popular posts from this blog

Discussing the Term: Maniniyot

Camera (Equipment) Hunting: Kako Auto 300S Series Cut-Off System flash.

Review: A7 Sports Action Cam via Lazada.com.ph